ESTRELLA MTN - Oct.5.2014
SAN TAN - Nov.9.2014
WHITE TANKS - Jan.4.2015
MCDOWELL MTN - Feb.1.2015
BLACK CANYON- Mar.8.2015
GIRLS ON THE RUN:
The series finale is not the event to miss. Lots of climbing, river crossings, sandy beaches, and endless singletrack. Best part? After race party hosted at Rock Springs Cafe. Can we say pie????
13.1 miles: A point to point 1/2 marathon. Race starts off of Table Mesa Road and follows the Black Canyon Trail to Black Canyon City and Rock Springs Cafe. 4 aid stations. It is strongly recommended that runners carry additional water.
9k: Counterclockwise lollipop starting at the Rock Springs Cafe. 2 aid stations. River crossings, up/down, river rocks, sand. This course has it all.
DATE: Sunday, March 8, 2015
Registration opens: 5:15 am
13.1 mile start: 7:30 am
9k start: 8:30 am
Course closes at 11:15am
Water/Power Gels/Power Bars/Gatorade at Aid Stations A, B, C, D, E, as well as at the Start and Finish lines.
Restrooms located at all Start and Finish lines.
We recommend that you arrive 1 1/2 -2 hour before start of event to allow adequate time for parking, shuttling, packet pickup, and warmup.
1/2 Marathon Shuttles: Shuttles will be provided to transport runners to the start line for the 1/2 marathon. Runners may use their own transportation to be dropped off at the start line, however, there will be no parking permitted at the Table Mesa Trailhead. There will be coffee, music, and a fire at the 13.1 mile start for those of you who take the earlier shuttles. First shuttle leaves at 5:30am. Last shuttle leaves at 6:40am.
NO SHUTTLES REQUIRED FOR 9K RUNNERS.
OTHER GENERALLY RELEVANT INFO:
1. Your feet most likely will get wet.
2. Because your feet may get wet, there is a strong possibility sand may get in your shoes. Well venitilated = wet and sandy on this course so plan accordingly.
3. NO LATE STARTS. Budget your time to get to Black Canyon City and catch the shuttle if you are running the 1/2 marathon. You must start ahead of the sweep in order to receive a finish time.
4. HEADPHONES = DQ. This too is a safety issue. This course consists almost entirely of singletrack with a ton of exposure. You need to be aware of your surroundings. When you pass someone you, they need to be able to hear you coming. If you are found wearing headphones at any time you will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. This course is awesome! If you've never been out here, be prepared for a treat :)
PACKET PICKUP OPTIONS:
PRE RACE: Saturday, March 7th, 2015, 2-5 pm LOCATION: Sole Sports Running Zone 18583 N 59th Ave Ste 112 Glendale, AZ 85308 623-322-2495
RACE DAY: Rock Springs Cafe, North parking lot. 35769 South Old Black Canyon Highway, Black Cyn City, AZ
1/2 Marathon Runners: 5:15-6:30 am
9k runners: 5:45-8:45 am
|7/1 - 12/31||$50||$60|
|1/1 - 1/31||$55||$65|
|2/1 - 3/6**||$60||$70|
**Online registration ends on Mar. 6, 2015.
REGISTRATION - OPENS 6/1/14
*Online registration ends Mar. 6, 2015.
35769 South Old Black Canyon Highway, Black Canyon City, AZ 85324
Note: 1/2 Marathon start is located on Table Mesa Road, 13.1 miles south of Rock Springs Cafe. Shuttles from Rock Springs Cafe will be provided.